1) The HR has much more important tasks to attend to. Do not rely on them to spoon-feed you.
2) How quickly you adapt, learn and fit in is entirely up to your own attitude.
3) You might come across many cribbers and walking-non-stop-talking compliant boxes. Maintain your distance or at the very least, do not get sucked in.
4) You were brought in to add value. Not to be placed on a pedestal and worshiped. Prove your merit before you demand the same of others.
5) and Most important: at the very least, get along. Observe and understand first. Revolutionary Change may take time.
Everything is possible. Start with attitude and approach. Kirk out.